What is Malware and what are the different types of malware.
So Hello friends in this article I will tell you what is malware and what are the different types of malware. So without wasting much time let's start.
Malware (technology beat)
Malware is used in short form as malicious software. It is a software that can control computer functions, steal data, bypass access controls and can also cause damage to the computer. Malware is a very big term that refers a variety of malicious programs. There are different types of malware these are:
- Adware(a type of Malware): Adware means advertising software. It has the power to automatically deliver advertisements. Some examples of adware include pop-up ads on websites and advertisements displayed by the software. Often times software and applications offer ''free'' versions that come bundled with adware. Most adware is sponsored or authorized by advertisers and serves as a revenue generation tool. Adware does not harm your computer.
- Bot(a type of Malware): Bot are software programs created to automatically perform specific operations. While some bots are created for relatively harmless purposes (video gaming, internal auctions, online contests, etc) it is becoming increasingly common to see bots being used maliciously. Bots can also be used in botnets for DDoS attacks, as spambots that render advertisements on websites, as web spiders that scrape server data, and for distributing malware disguised as popular search items on download sites.
- Bug(a type of Malware): In the context of software a bug is a flaw that produces an undesired outcome. These flaws are usually the resulting error is typically accessed in the source for compilers of a program. Minor bugs only slightly affect programs we wear and as result can go for long periods of time before being discovered. most significant books can cause crashing or freezing. security bugs are the most serve types of bugs and can allow attackers to bypass user authentication, override access privileges, or Steel data. Bugs can be prevented with developer education, quality control, and code analysis tools.
- Spyware(a type of Malware): Spyware is a type of malware that functions by spying on user activity without their knowledge. These buying capabilities can include activity monitoring and collecting these two data harvesting and more. Spyware often has additional capabilities as well, ranging from modifying security settings of software or browsers to interfering with network connections. Spyware spreads by exploiting software vulnerabilities, bundling itself with legitimate software, or in trojans.
- Trojan Horse(a type of Malware): A Trojan Horse commonly known as Trojan is a type of Malware that describes itself as a normal file or program to take users into downloading and installing malware. Trojan can give a malicious party remote access to an infected computer. Once an attacker has access to an infected computer it is possible for the attacker to steal data, store more Malicious, modified files, monitor user activity what the user is watching in his computer, use the computer in botnets, and anonymize internet activity by the attacker.
- Virus(a type of Malware): A virus is a form of malware that is capable of copying itself and spreading to other computers. Viruses often spread to other computers by attaching themselves to various programs and executing code when a user launches one of those infected programs. Viruses can also spread through script files, documents, and cross-site scripting vulnerabilities in web apps. Viruses can be used to steal information, harm host computers and networks, create botnets, steal money, render advertisements, and more.
- Worm(a type of Malware): Computer worms are among the most common types of malware. They spread over computer networks by exploiting operating system vulnerabilities. Worms typically cause to their host networks by consuming bandwidth and overloading web servers. Computer worms can also contain “payloads” that damage host computers. Payloads are pieces of codes written to perform actions on affected computers beyond simple spreading the worm. Payloads are commonly designed to steal data, delete files, or create botnets. Computers worms can also be classified as types of computers virus, but there are several characteristics that distinguish computer worms form regular viruses. A major difference is that computer worms have the ability to self-replicate and spread independently while viruses rely on human activity to spread (running a program, opening a file, etc). Worms often spread by sending mass e-mails infected attachments to users contacts.
- Ransomware(a type of Malware): Ransomware is a form of malware that essentially holds a computer system captive while demanding a ransom. The malware restricts user access to the computer either by encrypting files on the hard drive or locking down the system and displaying messages that are intended to force the user to pau the malware creator to remove the restrictions and regain access to their computer. Ransomware typically spreads like a normal computer worm ending up on a computer via a downloaded file or through some other vulnerability in a network service. I want to tell all of you that in 2017 there is a ransomware who had attacked large number of computers. It had encrypted the whole computer and to free from it they charge 1 bitcoin. So after some time a person solve this and we became free from that. I have made an article in which I have written about what is cybercrime and what are the various types of cybercrime I want to suggest you all to read this article what is cybercrime and what are the various types of cybercrime it will help you just click on it. If you have any questions or doubts then feel free to ask me in your own blog technologybeat.xyz.