Components of a chart are:
- Chart area: It includes all the area and objects in a chart.
- Plot chart: It is the area of chart in which your chart is plotted.
- Gridlines: these are the horizontal and verticals lines in the plot area.
- Chart title: It holds the title of the chart.
- Data series: These are the bars, slices or other elements that represent that represent the data values.
- Category axis (or x axis): This is the horizontal axis of a chart.
- Value axis (or Y axis): This is the vertical axis of the chart.
- Legends: These are the colors, patterns or symbols assigned to a data series.